Polling Leaders for Upcoming 2017 ECRS Events
- March 31-April 2nd 2017 Spring Weekend, Black Rock Retreat, Lancaster, PA (Quarryville)
- June 9-11, 2017 Camping Weekend, Camp Onas, Ottsville, PA (near New Hope)
- October 6-8, 2017 Camp Harlam, Kunkletown, PA (near Delaware Water Gap)
PS – In addition to these three confirmed ECRS events, there are tentative plans to collaborate on a late February “One-Day” event in either New Haven CT or Philadelphia PA. Please email email@example.com to learn more about the One-Day plans.
On behalf of the Leadership Development Committee,
CRITERIA FOR NEW COURSES (from “Criteria for Appropriateness of New Courses,” LDC Policy 4/98)
• Any activity that fulfills our mission to have fun, build community, and develop leadership
• No prior experience with activity needed, unless specified
• Involves problem solving, with room for growth and skill building
• Encourages initiative by individuals
• Has potential for creativity, varying from “it must be done this way”
• Gives opportunity for people to connect with one another physically, emotionally, spiritually, & intellectually
• Incorporates the unique aspects of ECRS philosophy, such as importance of process, awareness of individual experience, quality material, potential for practice leading, emphasis on recreation for its own sake, etc.